Are you registered to vote? Do you want to change your party, your address, your name?
YOU MAY NOW REGISTER TO VOTE ONLINE AT http://WWW.DCBOEE.ORG
YOU MAY REGISTER AT THE POLLS ON ELECTION DAY OR AT ANY EARLY VOTING SITE. You must bring one of the following items:
- Current and valid government issued photo identification card showing your address, or
- Current utility bill with your address, or
- Bank statement with our address, or
- Government issued check with your address, or
- Paycheck or paycheck stub with our name and address, or
- Other government-issued document that shows your name and address
Students may present housing assignment forms as proof of residence
Voters can also confirm their voter registration status, the location of their polling places, and submit voter registration applications at http://www.dcboee.org
Por informacion oficial sobre el proceso electoral en Espanol llama 202 727-2525
If you do not wish to register online, Voter registration can also be accomplished when you:
- Apply for a drivers license or identification card from the DC Bureau of Motor Vehicles;
- Complete and mail the Mail-In Voter Registration Form. This form can also be used to notify the DC BOEE of a address or party affiliation change; or,
- Register in person at the office of the DC Board of Elections, 441 Fourth Street NW, Suite 250N, Washington, DC 20001 (Judiciary Square Metro Stop on the Red Line.)
to download a Mail-In Voter Registration Form.
Note: Many of the city libraries, police and fire departments have the form available.
DCBOEE Registered Voter Info Corner.
provides voters access on-line to:
NOTE: The District of Columbia Board of Elections (DCBOE) is the independent agency of the District government responsible for the administration of elections, ballot access and voter registration. Links to its web site are provided when appropriate throughout our election web pages.
- Voter Registration Status
- Polling Place Locator
- Voting Equipment Instructions
- Special Ballot Status