Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Pay Attention & Participate!
The League of Women Voters has been voted the most trusted not-for-profit organization in America. It is a nonpartisan political organization that encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
PANEL OF EXPERTS ON ELECTED ATTORNEY GENERAL What do candidates and citizens need to know? In 2014 for the first time, DC citizens will elect their Attorney General. Be an informed voter. Join us on June 25, 6-7:30, for a vigorous panel discussion on the role and responsibilities of the D.C. Attorney General, and learn more about the importance of this office. Click HERE for details.
New members - women and men - are always welcome.
All DC voters are encouraged to join.
Members - it's time to renew if you haven't already.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members as well as provide information about other opportunities for civic participation.
Click here for D.C. Council hearings and committee meetings.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
League of Women Voters of D.C. Education Fund (LWVDC-EF) Learn More
- League of Women Voters of D.C. Education Fund (LWVDC-EF)
Where We Stand Learn More
- Positions on governmental issues supported by the League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
BUDGET AUTONOMY CHARTER AMENDMENT 8 APPROVED Learn More
- Learn more
Recent LWVDC-Education Fund Studies & Reports Learn More
- Learn more about the League's studies