Because democracy is not a spectator sport
The League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government. The League's goal is to influence public policy through education and advocacy.
Coffee with the Mayoral Candidates
Wednesday, October 1st, 9:00 - 10:30 am
Where: National Association of Realtors, 500 New Jersey Ave, NW
DC Vote, in collaboration with The League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia, DC Appleseed, and the DC Fiscal Policy Institute will co-host this Wednesday morning conversation with the mayoral candidates. To be moderated by WAMU's Martin Austermuhle.
Space is Limited. Please rsvp to email@example.com
Read our most recent newsletter
Calendar of Events Learn More
- COFFEE WITH CANDIDATES - VOTER REGISTRATION - CHILDHOOD OBESITY FORUM - ELECTED ATTORNEY GENERAL DEBATE - VOTER INFORMATION - ELECTIONS STUDY - We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members as well as provide information about other opportunities for civic participation.
Click here for D.C. Council hearings and committee meetings.
Join Us - Get Involved Learn More
- When you join the DC League, you also become a member of the National and Regional Leagues.
- Receive regular updates via newsletters and alerts
- Register Voters and Provide Important Voting Information to the community
- Observe and report on government activities
- Build leadership skills by serving as an appointed member of a city board or commission
- Expand your research, writing, and communication skills
- Help plan League-sponsored events
BUDGET AUTONOMY CHARTER AMENDMENT 8 Learn More
- The League Takes Action!