Because democracy is not a spectator sport
The League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation of citizens in government. The League's goal is to influence public policy through education and advocacy.
LEAGUE VOTER GUIDE is HERE! The 2014 Guide covers all races, including ANCs and Initiative 71. Email invitations to participate were sent to all candidates. Questions? Contact the League LWVDC1920@gmail.com
Democracy for DC was the theme of the conversation sponsored by DCVote, The League of Women Voters of DC, DC Appleseed, and the DC Fiscal Policy Institute. Read the Mayoral candidates responses to our questions.
Read our most recent newsletter
VOTER GUIDE to the Nov. 4, 2014 General Election Learn More
- Do you know whom you will vote for in the November 4th Election?
LWVDC's Voter Guide provides information on all races, including ANCs and Initiative 71.
Read candidates' biographies and their answers to important questions posed by members of the League of Women Voters of the District of Columbia. The DC League is an all-volunteer public service organization that is not for women only. We welcome new members. Consider joining us!
Calendar of Events Learn More
- COFFEE WITH CANDIDATES - VOTER REGISTRATION - CHILDHOOD OBESITY FORUM - ELECTED ATTORNEY GENERAL DEBATE - VOTER INFORMATION - ELECTIONS STUDY - We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members as well as provide information about other opportunities for civic participation.
Click here for D.C. Council hearings and committee meetings.
Join Us - Get Involved Learn More
- When you join the DC League, you also become a member of the National and Regional Leagues.
- Receive regular updates via newsletters and alerts
- Register Voters and Provide Important Voting Information to the community
- Observe and report on government activities
- Build leadership skills by serving as an appointed member of a city board or commission
- Expand your research, writing, and communication skills
- Help plan League-sponsored events
BUDGET AUTONOMY CHARTER AMENDMENT 8 Learn More
- The League Takes Action!